This pipe allows you to remove the restrictive Cat and/or DPF filter which is fitted to all modern diesel engines.
The DPF or diesel particulate filter is fitted in the exhaust and catches soot and other diesel particulates, these filters have to go through a regeneration every once in a while which is controlled by the ECU, this usually happens when the vehicle is on the motorway. If the vehicle has not been able to regenerate the filter for a while or there is a fault with the engine itself the filter will block up and initially cause a fault to appear on the dash board, if you continue to use the vehicle the filter can block completely causing the engine to stop running. A new filter from a dealer will often be £500 or more plus labour.
Removing the DPF and the cat allows the engine to breath more efficiently freeing up power and reducing fuel consumption, it also improves reliability.
This pipe is made from stainless steel and will come with everything you can see in the pictures.
Fits the below vehicles if you car was made on or after 2010,
- pre-2010 Ford C-Max/Grand C-Max 1.6 TDCi, 115 PS (117 hp/85 kW) and 199 lb·ft (270 N·m)
- pre-2010 Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi, 95 PS (94 hp/70 kW) and 156 lb·ft (212 N·m)
- pre-2010 Ford Fusion (Europe) 1.6 TDCi, 90 PS (89 hp/66 kW) and 159 lb·ft (215 N·m)
- pre-2010 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 90, 90 PS (89 hp/66 kW) and 159 lb·ft (215 N·m)
- pre-2010 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi 110, 109 PS (108 hp/80 kW) and 177 lb·ft (240 N·m)
Your car will need to have the ECU remapped otherwise the EML light will probably show and cause the car to go into a limp mode. Please note that the pipe connections can be slightly different depending on your vehicle.
NB: PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE IS NOT A DEFINITIVE LIST, ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE ORDERING IF YOU ARE UNSURE ON FITMENT. MIGHT REQUIRE SOME VEHICLE MODS AND SLIGHT ADAPTATION TO FIT YOUR VEHICLE.
This pipe is not road legal in the UK, for other countries please contact your appropriate government department.
You may also like…
Out of stock$155.59 + VAT